Community Healing Centers offers employment opportunities for individuals who are interested in working in the field of addiction and recovery, mental health, or children’s services. If you’ve been searching for a rewarding career that will positively impact the community that we live in, we encourage you to submit your application today!
COMMUNITY HEALING CENTERS
Job Title: Residential Therapist – $2500 Signing Bonus
Position Reports To: Gilmore Clinical Services Supervisor
Supervision Exercised: None
General Statement of Duties:
The Residential Therapist is responsible for the delivery of clinical services to residential clients. They are responsible for completion of the ASAM Continuum assessment and uploading the assessment into Community Healing Center’s Smartcare system. They may also assist in providing individual, group, and didactic sessions to clients as directed by the Clinical Services Supervisor.
Tasks / Responsibilities:
- Complete the ASAM Continuum assessment for each client Medicaid or state-funded client who enters treatment at Gilmore.
- Work with contracted providers – SWMBH, Allegan, Ottawa, Healthwest, W. Michigan and others to enter the ASAM Continuum in each of their systems and follow procedures to upload a copy of the completed assessment in Community Healing Center’s Smartcare system.
- Meet with clients for individual sessions to complete the assessment.
- Discuss with Gilmore therapy team results of each assessment as it pertains to each clinician’s roster of clients.
- Attend and lead/co-facilitate daily group therapy sessions as assigned by supervisor.
- Prepare and provide didactic presentations for residential clients as assigned by supervisor.
- As part of assessment determine client’s desire for family meetings on site and relay information to client’s assigned therapist.
- Document on clients EMR chart: their progress in individual and group sessions and all other significant information.
- Communicate any medical information and/or medication reactions to the nurse in a timely manner.
- Provide information to and support the residential physician, nurse, supervisors and HCAs..
- Communicate with clients, significant others, referral sources and all others involved, as needed, and in accordance with federal confidentiality guidelines.
- Attend staff development and training in-service and workshops, internally and externally on a regular basis.
- Provide on-call consultation to other residential staff on a rotating basis, as needed.
- Function as a member of the multi-disciplinary team, which includes:
- Attend and actively participate in therapy meetings.
- Attend monthly meetings with psychologist consultant and discuss clients of interest.
- Attend monthly supervision for CAADC credential.
Required Qualifications / Competencies:
Education: Knowledge of chemical dependency, counseling techniques and having the CADC or CAADC credential or development plan for the credential from MCBAP.
Master’s Degree in Psychology, Counseling, Social Work or similar related human service field is required.
Influenza and COVID-19 Vaccinations are required.
Required Job Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Will accept new counselors just entering the field. SPADA certificate encouraged
Interpersonal Skills: Ability to work in an intense environment with diverse and sometimes difficult individuals. Good communication skills, both written and verbal are required. Must possess good organizational and time management skills with the ability to handle multiple agendas on a time-limited basis. Support and facilitate client involvement with ancillary services, which include: exercise, public health education, and job training.
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, age, national origin, height, weight, marital status, veteran status or mental or physical disability in accordance with all applicable Federal, State and local laws and ordinances.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $24.25 – $27.25 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Addiction Medicine
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Signing bonus
CHC follows all CDC guidelines for a safe work environment. COVID-19 vaccinations are required for all staff who do not have a qualifying exemption.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kalamazoo, MI 49008: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Master’s (Required)
- SUD: 1 year (Preferred)
- CAADC or Development Plan (Preferred)
- LMSW, LLMSW, LLPC, LPC, LLP (Required)
Work Location: In person
Community Healing Centers is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Community Healing Centers is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.