Women’s Specialty program is an addition to our outpatient services. We are contracted with the State of Michigan to serve women of Kalamazoo County. This program is designed to help pregnant and parenting women who have substance use disorders, get clean and sober. Our goal is to reduce any barriers that may hinder their recovery efforts, and to ensure that babies born in our county are free from drug or alcohol exposure.
Pregnant, using women are priority. We offer immediate referral for treatment if needed.
Our services include:
- Individual case management
- AWARE support group
- Linkages to community resources
- Advocacy for our clients who have open Children’s Protective Services cases
This program is based on the philosophy that women connecting with other women give them the ability to discover themselves. The weekly AWARE (Active Women Advocating and Reaching for Empowerment) group encourages mutual peer support as we discuss a range of topics as they relate specifically to women.
The program focuses on 3 areas of recovery:
- education on the consequences of using alcohol and drugs and Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders
- exploration of coping skills, recovery tools, networking, and self-esteem building activities
- empowerment by finding employment, securing housing, enrolling in school, personal goal achievement, and other lifestyle changes that have been actualized
Services are offered in 6 month increments. When clients have reached their personal goals, we celbrate their accomplishment with group recognition and a certificate of completion.
Kalamazoo – (269) 382-9820