Women’s Specialty Program
Pregnant and parenting women age 18+. Women who are pregnant and using are priority. We offer immediate referral for treatment if needed.
Our Women’s Specialty Program is an addition to our Outpatient Services. We are contracted with the State of Michigan to serve women in Kalamazoo County. This program is designed to help pregnant and parenting women who have substance use disorders, achieve sobriety. Our goal is to reduce any barriers that may hinder their recovery efforts, and to ensure that babies are born free from drug and alcohol exposure.
This program is based on the philosophy that women connecting with other women give them the ability to discover themselves. The weekly AWARE (Active Women Advocating and Reaching for Empowerment) group encourages mutual peer support as we discuss a range of topics as they relate specifically to women.
- Our Women’s Specialty Services include:
- Individual case management
- AWARE support group
- Linkages to community resources
- Advocacy for our clients who have open Children’s Protective Services cases
The Program focuses on 3 areas of Recovery:
- Education on the consequences of using alcohol and drugs while pregnant.
- Exploration of coping skills, recovery tools, networking, and self-esteem building activities.
- Empowerment through finding employment, securing housing, enrolling in school, personal goal achievement, and other lifestyle changes.
Services are offered in 6 month increments.
For more information, please call us at (269) 343-1651 ext. 118