Community Healing Centers offers employment opportunities for individuals who are interested in working in the field of addiction and recovery, mental health, or children’s services. If you’ve been searching for a rewarding career that will positively impact the community that we live in, we encourage you to submit your application today!
$46,000 – $52,000 a year
Full Job Description
$2500 Signing Bonus
The Elizabeth Upjohn Community Healing Center in Kalamazoo, Michigan is looking for a Full-Time, Adult Outpatient Therapist to provide treatment services to clients and their families who are manifesting addiction/abuse behaviors and mental health disorders.
Tasks / Responsibilities:
- Perform clinical assessments and evaluations of clients and families referred for services.
- Prepare case histories as needed for use in diagnosis and treatment.
- Develop intervention and treatment plans which include an evaluation of family support, client strengths, and level of risks.
- Provide individual, family, and group therapy as needed by clients in settings most conducive to successful treatment.
- Administer appropriate testing for specific disorders when appropriately licensed or schedule with appropriate referral.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary teams as required to assess, plan, and review the needs of clients and families.
- Maintain required authorizations, case documentation and record delivered services in an accurate and timely manner as required by regulating entities, accreditation organizations, and management.
- Work to have an average of four individual sessions per day.
- Participate in ongoing staff training and development programs.
- Consult with psychiatrist for medical input into treatment issues/BCBS case presentations.
- Participate in clinical review of ongoing cases.
- Participate in continuous quality improvement efforts as defined by the accrediting or regulating entities.
- Maintain positive working relationships with all agency programs and staff and with outside entities and staff.
- Perform other duties as defined by Clinical Director .
Required Qualifications / Competencies
Education: LLP, or LMSW or LPC, Appropriate State Certification (CAADC) or Development Plan
Required Job Knowledge and Skills
Experience: One year of training or experience working in the treatment field of mental health and addictions.
Interpersonal Skills: Ability to establish and maintain effective therapeutic and working relationships with clients, other staff, and community/agency representatives.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $46,000.00 – $52,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Addiction Medicine
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Signing bonus
COVID and Influenza Vaccinations are required.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kalamazoo, MI 49008: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Master’s (Required)
- SUD: 1 year (Preferred)
- CAADC or Development plan? (Required)
- LLMSW, LMSW, LLPC, LPC, LLP (Required)
Work Location: One location
Community Healing Centers is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Community Healing Centers is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact Human Resources at email@example.com.