Community Healing Centers offers employment opportunities for individuals who are interested in working in the field of addiction and recovery, mental health, or children’s services. If you’ve been searching for a rewarding career that will positively impact the community that we live in, we encourage you to submit your application today!
- Oversee and plan activities for the day-to-day operations of the S.T.R.E.E.T. Program to assure the program provides a safe place where teens can go between the hours of: Summer Hours: 1:30-7pm After-School Hours: 2:00pm-7:30pm
- Monitor and assist in Life skills educational training programs to increase skills, change behaviors and attitudes and empower healthier choices of youth as needed.
- Assist with recruitment and enrollment activities when kids enter the program.
- Report all incidents or concerns regarding suspected child abuse or neglect related to any program participants immediately according to agency policy.
- Advocate, link, coordinate, and monitor participant’s needs with appropriate staff, agencies or community partners for additional services.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary teams as required to assess, plan, and review the needs of teens/adolescents as needed.
- Nurture and maintain healthy relationships with parents and other community affiliations.
- Maintain required documentation and record services in an accurate and timely manner as required by regulating entities, accreditation organization, and management.
- Provide transportation using Metro Shared program (must have a clean and valid driver’s license). Metro will provide training.
- Participate in continuous quality improvement efforts.
- Cooking skills highly preferred to prepare and serve a simple evening meal.
Bachelor’s degree preferred.Qualifications/Competencies:
- Knowledge and skills in developmental needs of youth and Social Emotional Learning
- Strong familiarity and connection with the North side community and regional service providers.
- Ability to engage in positive relationships with adolescents, teens, staff and community and agency representatives.
- Ability to handle stressful situations calmly and professionally.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to operate computer and office equipment.
- The capacity to respond to the needs of a diverse community, cultural and linguistic competence.
- Working knowledge of the system of services needed to address the needs of adolescents and teens.
- Flu and Covid-19 Vaccines, required.
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, age, national origin, height, weight, marital status, veteran status or mental or physical disability in accordance with all applicable Federal, State and local laws and ordinances.
Community Healing Centers is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Community Healing Centers is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.