Community Healing Centers offers employment opportunities for individuals who are interested in working in the field of addiction and recovery, mental health, or children’s services. If you’ve been searching for a rewarding career that will positively impact the community that we live in, we encourage you to submit your application today!
$30.25 – $35.25
BLS Certification (Required)
Nursing: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Registered Nurse – Gilmore Facility $2500 Signing Bonus
This is no ordinary Nursing, hospital-setting position. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our employees, work-life balance, and a positive working experience. This position earns up to 4 weeks of PTO in the first year, not including holidays. No mandated shifts and opportunity for loan forgiveness.
The Gilmore Community Healing Center in Kalamazoo, Michigan is looking for full time, first shift Registered Nurses and a part time, second shift Registered Nurse to be responsible for the monitoring and treatment of patients in sub-acute detoxification and for provision of medical services for patients in residential treatment. This is done under the direction and supervision of the physician in charge and in coordination with the nursing supervisor and residential coordinator.
Tasks / Responsibilities:
- Provide access to care services in accordance with Standard Policy and Procedure, Access to Care section.
- Provide medical services on-site as necessary according to the guidelines outlined in the Standard Policy and Procedure – Introduction to the Detox Unit.
- Provide direct patient care and documentation of that care.
- Dispense prescribed medications according to the written, standing orders, and/or verbal orders of the physician in charge.
- Dispense over-the-counter medications per consultation and/or standing orders with the physician in charge and/or at client’s request.
- Maintain patient records according to CARF, State of Michigan, and Community Healing Centers’ policy and standards.
- Screen; assess the medical needs of all clients.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all clients and their records as required by Federal Law.
- Inform; educate clients regarding the detoxification process/procedure and interpret any laboratory results as needed.
- Provide referral(s) for physical health issues upon discharge from detoxification/treatment or at any time, as needed.
- Maintain inventory of medical supplies, equipment and medications, as needed to perform adequate care responsibilities.
- Assist in training/orientation for new staff.
- Abide by the rules and laws of the licensing, according to the Center of Substance Abuse Services, under Public Acts 55 and 56, of the State of Michigan.
- In compliance with the required protective measures, as specified by Community Healing Centers’ Infection control Policies and Procedures; properly handle, label and clean potentially infectious materials (i.e., blood, urine, feces, bodily fluids, etc.).
- Document annual training related to OSHA and CARF standards regarding and Universal Precautions/Infection Control.
Required Qualification / Competencies: Current RN License in the State of Michigan Education or experience in the treatment of chemical dependency is desired
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $30.25 – $35.25 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- JCAHO accredited facility
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Crisis pay
- Differential pay
- Overtime pay
- Signing bonus
Influenza and COVID-19 Vaccinations are required.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kalamazoo, MI 49048: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Nursing: 1 year (Preferred)
- BLS Certification (Required)
- RN (Required)
Work Location: One location
Hiring 3 candidates for this role
Community Healing Centers is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Community Healing Centers is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.