Community Healing Centers offers employment opportunities for individuals who are interested in working in the field of addiction and recovery, mental health, or children’s services. If you’ve been searching for a rewarding career that will positively impact the community that we live in, we encourage you to submit your application today!
Full Job Description
COMMUNITY HEALING CENTER
Job Title: Nurse Practitioner / Physician’s Assistant
Position Reports to: Executive Director
What you will do:
The Nurse Practitioner/Physician’s Assistant is responsible for assuring the monitoring of medically assisted treatment of clients in an outpatient setting. This position will independently formulate diagnosis, prescribe medication, and providing therapy while assuming responsibility and accountability for a group of patients. This position will work closely with the clinical and nursing team at Community Healing Centers in an inpatient and outpatient setting.
The Nurse Practitioner/Physician’s Assistant functions under the direction and supervision of the Executive Director and is medically supervised by the Medical Director.
- Serve as Leader and role model to promote excellence and safety, maintaining enthusiasm about the program and Community Healing Centers.
- Assure access to care services in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Ensure medical services on-site as necessary in accordance with standard policy and procedures.
- Assure compliance of rules and laws of licensing, according to the Center of Substance Abuse Services, under Public Acts 55 & 56 of the State of Michigan.
- Attend Leadership meetings bi-weekly.
- Contribute to written procedures related to assessing, prescribing, and monitoring treatment.
- Maintain a DEA-X waiver.
- Must be a currently Licensed Nurse Practitioner or Physician’s Assistant in the State of Michigan.
- DEA-X waiver, or ability to obtain.
- Education or experience in medically assisted treatment for substance use disorders.
- Practices according to industry standards for psychopharmacologic treatment
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws, regulations, programs, and services as they relate to the provision of services.
- Working knowledge of the system of services needed to address the needs of people with mental illness and substance abuse issues and the ability to coordinate care between residential and outpatient programs.
- Must be able to provide education about medications/contraindications to clients.
Ability to demonstrate understanding of a variety of models and theories of addiction, MI, and related issues.
- Knowledge of philosophies, practices, policies, and outcomes of models of treatment, recovery, relapse prevention, and continuing care for co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders.
- Understanding of diverse cultures and gender specific issues and ability to incorporate needs of gender and culturally diverse groups into practice setting.
- Be in good standing with licensing board.
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills and the ability to handle stressful situations calmly and professionally.
- Ability to interact politely and tactfully with a wide variety of individuals, including those incapacitated or impaired due to the use of alcohol and/or other drugs.
Competitive salary and benefit package.
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, age, national origin, height, weight, marital status, veteran status or mental or physical disability in accordance with all applicable Federal, State and local laws and ordinances.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Addiction Medicine
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
Community Healing Centers is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Community Healing Centers is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact Human Resources at email@example.com.