Community Healing Centers offers employment opportunities for individuals who are interested in working in the field of addiction and recovery, mental health, or children’s services. If you’ve been searching for a rewarding career that will positively impact the community that we live in, we encourage you to submit your application today!
$15 – $16 an hour
High school or equivalent (Required)
Overnight Shift (Preferred)
Night Shift (Preferred)
Driver’s License (Preferred)
Work authorization (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Job Title: Health Care Attendant
Position Reports To: Health Care Attendant Coordinator
Supervision Exercised: None
General Statement of Duties:
The Health Care Attendant(HCA) provides continuous monitoring of clients and the Gilmore facility and supports the HCA Coordinator, as needed. The HCA Lead is responsible for the safety and supervision of the CHC Gilmore clients. The HCA provides coverage for the 24-hour information/help line and support to the Nursing Staff.
PLEASE, INCLUDE YOUR CONTACT PHONE NUMBER AND EMAIL ADDRESS ON YOUR RESUME.
· Participate in shift meetings. Receive reports and assignments from Nurse. Chart and share information regarding clients with Nurses.
· Complete intake screening/referral/inquiry forms on perspective clients. Advise the Admissions Coordinator of the information.
· Perform residential and detox intake and discharge functions, as directed and in accordance with policies and procedures.
· Document activities in the Daily Log.
· Answer all phone requests for information and refer parties to appropriate services.
· Contact Clinical Supervisor, nurse and appropriate counselor on all AMA/ASA discharges.
· Make hourly house checks as part of “shift duties.”, monitor the pay phone, observe and appropriately document client behavior.
· Facilitate step and/or didactic groups, as assigned.
· Monitor suicidal clients.
· Complete incident reports, as necessary.
· Follow core program/activities calendar as posted, unless instructed otherwise by the Clinical Supervisor.
· Maintain a therapeutic milieu.
· Follow all policies and procedures for client self-administration of medication, as developed by the physician and/or nurse.
· Perform swabs and urine screens, as needed.
· Assist Nurse with detox clients, COWS, CIWA, BP, basic “status checks,” as needed.
· Assist with medication passing. Assist with making vitamin packets for clients.
· Obtain meals for detox clients, as needed.
· Stock linen closets in detox & run laundry, make beds & disinfect sleeping area, as needed.
· Make nursing admission form packets.
· Do baggage search, as needed.
· Assist in transferring clients to the residential unit.
· Disinfect Nursing Station, on each shift.
· Check for side rails in “up” position, on all shifts.
· Check supply status in detox area.
· Attend monthly staff meetings.
· Assist in answering the door/telephone on second and third shifts.
· Clean bathrooms every night.
· Document annual training related to skills required for this position (CPR,) in compliance with the required protective measures as specified by CHC & Infection Control Policies and Procedures.
· Duties specific to the shift worked, as outlined in the Shift Duties List.
· Other duties as assigned by the Clinical Supervisor, HCA Coordinator and/or Nursing Supervisor.
· High School diploma or equivalent, required.
· Certifications in CPR, First Aid, HCA & Medications Training, required.
· Experience in substance abuse/addictions and/or other related health care field; experiential knowledge of the 12-Step Program, preferred.
· Must be physically capable of responding to medical emergencies along with extended times standing, moving and lifting, required.
· Ability to interact professionally and tactfully with a diverse population including those incapacitated or impaired by alcohol and/or drugs as well as with staff and visitors.
· Sound judgment and problem-solving skills and the ability to follow and enforce rules, required.
· Ability to be an active listener when clients need to talk; offer honest but neutral feedback, when appropriate, in a counselor aid role.
· Injectable drug abusers are at high risk for tuberculosis infection and other illnesses. All staff are required to be screened for tuberculosis and understand that exposure to tuberculosis is possible.
· Flu and Covid-19 Vaccines, required
EEO Statement It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identification, sexual orientation, age, national origin, height, weight, marital status, veteran status or mental or physical disability in accordance with all applicable Federal, State and local laws and ordinances.’
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $15.00 – $16.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Addiction Medicine
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
CHC follows all CDC and MDHHS guidelines and directives. Covid-19 and Influenza Vaccines are required.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kalamazoo, MI 49048: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
- Overnight Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Community Healing Centers is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Community Healing Centers is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.