Items that are not allowed:
- Any mood altering over the counter drugs such as: Tylenol PM, Alka Seltzer Plus, Nyquil, diet medications, Sudafed. Certain prescription medications are not allowed. Check with the Nursing staff about all your medications.
- Anything that might be considered a weapon such as: pocket knives, box cutters, scissors, tweezers, chains, any implement with a blade
- Any alcohol based products such as: aftershave, cologne, perfume, mouth wash, body spray
- Radios, CD, DVD, MP3 and lap top computers
- Cell phones and pagers
- Caffeinated beverages
- Liquid bleach
- Tide pods
- Inhalants such as: hair spray, aerosol deodorant, glue, room deodorizer, nail polish remover
- Pornographic material
- Drug paraphernalia such as: papers, steel wool, tubes that might be used as pipes
- Dice, lottery tickets
- Photographs or t-shirts, etc. that are gang related, promote alcohol or drug use or are sexual in content
- Cameras and/or video recorders
In accordance with Michigan law, The Gilmore CHC is a smoke-free facility. Detox clients are not allowed to go outdoors to smoke because of client safety concerns, but we do have a ventilated smoking room for Detox clients only. Nicotine substitute products will be available and provided at no cost for the detox clients in order for them to be as comfortable as possible. Once completing their detox (average length stay of 4-5 days), clients will be allowed to smoke outdoors during the daytime in between therapeutic activities and during designated evening smoking breaks. If our residential clients wish to remain smoke free after detox, they will be provided with smoking cessation products.