Who We Are:
We strive to strengthen our communities by helping children, families, and adults heal from the trauma of abuse, addiction, and mental and behavioral health disorders. We believe that reaching out to our community with prevention, intervention and treatment services, is an effective, efficient way to deliver care, information, and support to those in need.
Want to donate supplies?
We are always in need of men’s and women’s clothes- all sizes, shower shoes, toothpaste, feminine hygiene products, and arts and craft supplies! For questions call the Gilmore Community Healing Center at 269-382-9820.
Community Healing Centers’ Outstanding Characteristics
- Elizabeth Upjohn Community Healing Center: The area’s only Children’s Advocacy Center for treatment and support of childhood sexual abuse.
- Forensic Interview Center for Southwest Michigan: Children’s sexual and physical abuse.
- Recognized as pioneers and experts in Infant Mental Health Programming, specializing in early intervention and treatment.
- Gilmore Community Healing Center: A medically monitored detoxification and residential treatment center
- Michigan’s first free standing Licensed Treatment Center for addictions.
- Fully Licensed by the State of Michigan.
- Accredited by the National Children’s Alliance (Highest Level).
- NationallyAccredited by CARF (Highest Level).
- Funded by United Way of Battle Creek and Kalamazoo Region, and St. Joseph County United Way.
Community Healing Centers is licensed by the State of Michigan for its Addiction Treatment and Prevention services and is accredited by CARF for its Outpatient Addiction Treatment, Outpatient Mental Health Treatment, Detoxification, Residential Treatment and Youth and Children’s Service Programs.CARF is an independent, not-for-profit accrediting body that establishes consumer-focused standards to help organizations measure and improve the quality of their programs and services. The Children’s Advocacy Center is accredited by the National Childrens Alliance.
Quality Assurance Reports
Community Healing Centers Quality Assurance Reports available for download in pdf format. For a free pdf reader, visit the official Adobe Reader download site.
Board of Directors
Melissa Hartridge, Vice President
Dr. Evan Kokales, Secretary
Jim Bylenga, Treasurer
Janice Brown, Past President
Dr. Jeanette Meyer
Dr. Susan Faragher Bannon
Billee Lightvoet Ward
Elizabeth S. Upjohn Mason
Judge William G. Schma